I remember being excited to shop for my first official writing notebook. It had 2 sections and some pockets. It didn't cost much, but felt like "an investment in my future" as a writer. I wrote anything and everything in there - essays, quotes, and writing tips I found. It had lists of ideas - all the topics I might want to write about some day - and lists of authors and titles that I might want to read.
Gradually that first writing notebook has filled up and been replaced by others - mostly thin spiral-bound tablets. Now I have one for this topic and another for some other. For example, one is designated for notes about cancer, which I may expand to include health, fitness and wellness. Another is for the missions mobilizing book I might write. One is dedicated to quotes, famous quotations, and one-liners. A recently added one focuses on the topic of writing. I have just started one that I titled "Life..." which includes all sorts of miscellany.
Then there are my journals, but once again that opens up another whole topic that we can re-visit another time.
What have you found that works for you? Where do you like to write?
- Legal pad?
- Spiral-bound tablet?
- Loose-leaf binder?
- Moleskine? *
- What size pages?
- How thick of a book?
If we were physically meeting together as a group, we could bring in our various writing notebooks to "show and tell" about. Even as we meet in this online format, I invite you to describe your favorite "venue." Is it a notebook? A binder? How big?
------------
*Moleskine: I just discovered very small moleskine books - about the size of a passport - that come in packages of three. How cute. How convenient. The perfect size to carry in the pocket.
Gradually that first writing notebook has filled up and been replaced by others - mostly thin spiral-bound tablets. Now I have one for this topic and another for some other. For example, one is designated for notes about cancer, which I may expand to include health, fitness and wellness. Another is for the missions mobilizing book I might write. One is dedicated to quotes, famous quotations, and one-liners. A recently added one focuses on the topic of writing. I have just started one that I titled "Life..." which includes all sorts of miscellany.
Then there are my journals, but once again that opens up another whole topic that we can re-visit another time.
What have you found that works for you? Where do you like to write?
- Legal pad?
- Spiral-bound tablet?
- Loose-leaf binder?
- Moleskine? *
- What size pages?
- How thick of a book?
If we were physically meeting together as a group, we could bring in our various writing notebooks to "show and tell" about. Even as we meet in this online format, I invite you to describe your favorite "venue." Is it a notebook? A binder? How big?
------------
*Moleskine: I just discovered very small moleskine books - about the size of a passport - that come in packages of three. How cute. How convenient. The perfect size to carry in the pocket.
Comments
Post a Comment