So let's see how this thing might work...
I've heard from a couple of you who want to give this experiment a try. I think I mentioned earlier that 'blogger' allows more than one "author" which I think is very cool. So as I hear from people who want in I can invite you to be an author. I THINK that means that you can post a new entry. So it seems like it could work something like this: Any member (reader) can comment on a post - so let's try using the comment feature for "discussion" on the topic addressed in that post. Then any "author" can post a new entry to introduce a topic that you would like to share or to seek input from others.
What kinds of things might be posted?
Here are some of the ones I've thought of:
*Resources - I love to learn about writing resources. Maybe this could be a "regular feature" - like once a week or something.
*Tips about how to overcome obstacles - yes, like "writer's block" but not just that.
*Essays about the writing life or anything having to do with writing, journaling, whatever...
*Ideas for pretty much anything that would help us as writers
*Technical items perhaps - like spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc.
*Encouraging words on any topic
Disclaimer: I am NOT an expert.
I can barely call myself a writer yet. As I start this blog, this "group," it is not with any presumption that I have great things to share with you. However, I AM a mobilizer - which means that I love to play a role in helping people figure out to get from Point A to Point B. I am also a teacher & am well aware that often the teacher learns more than the students do. I hope that I am also an encourager & I would love to cheer for you in your writing journey.
So, I'm doing this for two reasons:
1. I need it - some kind of support network & the chance to learn from others.
2. Perhaps I can help others by sharing the things that I'm learning.
If you're wondering exactly what this is going to look like, join the club. I can't tell you that because I don't know either. We're gonna' experiment & learn as we go with this. If that sounds like a fun adventure to you, then come along. If that doesn't sound like something you need/want, feel free to tell me to take your name off the list - now or at any time in the future.
-kaye
I've heard from a couple of you who want to give this experiment a try. I think I mentioned earlier that 'blogger' allows more than one "author" which I think is very cool. So as I hear from people who want in I can invite you to be an author. I THINK that means that you can post a new entry. So it seems like it could work something like this: Any member (reader) can comment on a post - so let's try using the comment feature for "discussion" on the topic addressed in that post. Then any "author" can post a new entry to introduce a topic that you would like to share or to seek input from others.
What kinds of things might be posted?
Here are some of the ones I've thought of:
*Resources - I love to learn about writing resources. Maybe this could be a "regular feature" - like once a week or something.
*Tips about how to overcome obstacles - yes, like "writer's block" but not just that.
*Essays about the writing life or anything having to do with writing, journaling, whatever...
*Ideas for pretty much anything that would help us as writers
*Technical items perhaps - like spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc.
*Encouraging words on any topic
Disclaimer: I am NOT an expert.
I can barely call myself a writer yet. As I start this blog, this "group," it is not with any presumption that I have great things to share with you. However, I AM a mobilizer - which means that I love to play a role in helping people figure out to get from Point A to Point B. I am also a teacher & am well aware that often the teacher learns more than the students do. I hope that I am also an encourager & I would love to cheer for you in your writing journey.
So, I'm doing this for two reasons:
1. I need it - some kind of support network & the chance to learn from others.
2. Perhaps I can help others by sharing the things that I'm learning.
If you're wondering exactly what this is going to look like, join the club. I can't tell you that because I don't know either. We're gonna' experiment & learn as we go with this. If that sounds like a fun adventure to you, then come along. If that doesn't sound like something you need/want, feel free to tell me to take your name off the list - now or at any time in the future.
-kaye
Comments
Post a Comment