In my last post, I mentioned fiction and non-fiction as the two main genres - not thinking about poetry. So are there any poets among us? If so, you may be interested in this poetry contest. I just received this notification from Writer's Digest.
---------------------------------------
Dear Competition Update Subscribers:
Is there a creative exercise more challenging than writing an engaging, thought-provoking poem in 32 lines?
Writing an engaging, thought-provoking poem in 31 lines, I suppose.
If you think about it that way, your assignment for the 5th Annual Writer's Digest Poetry Awards Competition should be a piece of cake. Send us your best poem in 32 lines or fewer, but do it by the 12/15/09 deadline!
We've got a number of other contests to fill you in on this month as well. All you have to do is pick one-- or enter them all!
Good luck!
------------
If you are interested, I can pass the info on to you.
---------------------------------------
Dear Competition Update Subscribers:
Is there a creative exercise more challenging than writing an engaging, thought-provoking poem in 32 lines?
Writing an engaging, thought-provoking poem in 31 lines, I suppose.
If you think about it that way, your assignment for the 5th Annual Writer's Digest Poetry Awards Competition should be a piece of cake. Send us your best poem in 32 lines or fewer, but do it by the 12/15/09 deadline!
We've got a number of other contests to fill you in on this month as well. All you have to do is pick one-- or enter them all!
Good luck!
------------
If you are interested, I can pass the info on to you.
I may be interested in that. I used to write quite a bit of poetry, mostly during my senior year of high school. I need to get back into it. The deadline is certainly reasonable!
ReplyDeleteOkay; I'm forwarding to your e-mail a couple promo messages about it.
ReplyDelete