I did it! I cranked out 50,000 words to complete the NaNoWriMo challenge - two days early even. I still have lots more to write in my first draft, but I made the goal on time. It was a good challenge for me - and a great accomplishment. I'm very glad that I did it. I wonder what I will think of what I wrote when I try to edit it - or just read it. I am trying not to have great expectations about it. It feels good just to have done it. It served the purpose that I hoped for - in pushing me to do the word count.
The pace was okay - writing around 2000 words most mornings - but I don't know that I could keep that pace for very long. I think I shall go for 1000 words/day from now on. I really want to keep that habit. I wonder how long it will take me to finish the first rough draft; maybe I'll set two weeks as a target.
The pace was okay - writing around 2000 words most mornings - but I don't know that I could keep that pace for very long. I think I shall go for 1000 words/day from now on. I really want to keep that habit. I wonder how long it will take me to finish the first rough draft; maybe I'll set two weeks as a target.
Comments
Post a Comment