I knew that participating in NaNoWriMo would be a good experience in many ways - and indeed it is proving to be so. One of the first things I've noticed is how good it is to have a well-established and well-publicized goal because it helps to motivate when you don't necessarily feel like writing or can't think what to write.
Originally, I was thinking that I would keep this thing kinda' private & close to the chest - not telling too many people about it - because I wasn't sure I wanted to deal with the possible notoriety. Like "who do you think YOU are to write a book?" However, I read someone's NaNo tip that said to tell everybody about it because that public knowledge would give needed incentive. 'Tis true.
Day One started well with the first thousand words flowing. Piece of cake; right? Then the second thousand... Not flowing quite so well. Hmmm... But I need to report on Facebook so I guess I'd better keep writing. It worked.
It's now Day Three and I've reached my daily goals each day. Twenty-seven days to go.
Originally, I was thinking that I would keep this thing kinda' private & close to the chest - not telling too many people about it - because I wasn't sure I wanted to deal with the possible notoriety. Like "who do you think YOU are to write a book?" However, I read someone's NaNo tip that said to tell everybody about it because that public knowledge would give needed incentive. 'Tis true.
Day One started well with the first thousand words flowing. Piece of cake; right? Then the second thousand... Not flowing quite so well. Hmmm... But I need to report on Facebook so I guess I'd better keep writing. It worked.
It's now Day Three and I've reached my daily goals each day. Twenty-seven days to go.
Comments
Post a Comment