As a writer who is always trying to improve the quality of what I create as well as to streamline my work patterns, I like to read tips about writing. But hey, I discovered it's even more fun when one of my very own tips is included in the list. Check out Tip # 20; it's a good one if I do say so myself. Serious nonsense.
Here are just a few of the tips:
5 – Stop writing when you’re on a roll.
6 – Work on multiple projects.
...
9 – Take your writing and yourself seriously.
...
20 - Don’t be afraid to write nonsense. Seriously. Serious nonsense. Even like “I don’t know what to write today” which, in my case, often leads into a sort of journaling and processing what I’m thinking or feeling. But yes, sometimes just keep typing (or keep the pen moving) to reinforce the writing habit. And it often opens up the flow.
...
Thanks, Bryan Hutchinson, for this list and for inviting input.
...
This post was originally seen at Wondering Journey.
Comments
Post a Comment