I have been in turmoil about a hot topic. Friends and acquaintances are very vocal and some are very harsh toward anyone who disagrees with them. It frightens me. I want to speak up, but I don’t want to be guilty of the same finger-pointing. I want to be persuasive, but I am not sure that I am. I tell myself to keep my mouth shut. Then I tell myself that someone should speak rationally in the midst of insanity. I want to call people out, but I don’t want to hurt friends or cause offense.
In the midst of my turmoil, I ran across this: "Whatever it is, write about those things that punch you in the throat and stir your insides... Because if it moves you — if it raises a lump in your throat as you type, it will move someone else."
The whole article was timely and beneficial for me.
It helped me rethink my purpose.
I don’t need to persuade or convince.
I can simply write about what moves me.
So I did.
I tried.
I expressed my thoughts and feelings – hopefully without adding to the din.
I was honest about my fear without judging others. I hope.
In the midst of my turmoil, I ran across this: "Whatever it is, write about those things that punch you in the throat and stir your insides... Because if it moves you — if it raises a lump in your throat as you type, it will move someone else."
The whole article was timely and beneficial for me.
It helped me rethink my purpose.
I don’t need to persuade or convince.
I can simply write about what moves me.
So I did.
I tried.
I expressed my thoughts and feelings – hopefully without adding to the din.
I was honest about my fear without judging others. I hope.
Comments
Post a Comment