Some authors say the key to writing is to write. Most recommend establishing the writing habit one way or another. Some suggest certain writing exercises.
One such exercise is practiced at "5-minute Friday" where the gypsy mama says "We set a timer, throw caution to the winds and try to remember what it was like to just write without worrying if it’s just right or not." The rules are simple: Write for 5 minutes.
No editing, no over-thinking, no back tracking... just write.
Exercises like this one provide a chance to practice writing.
If I call myself a writer, surely I am writing on a regular basis.
Are you a writer?
Do you want to be a writer?
Then start writing.
Something.
One such exercise is practiced at "5-minute Friday" where the gypsy mama says "We set a timer, throw caution to the winds and try to remember what it was like to just write without worrying if it’s just right or not." The rules are simple: Write for 5 minutes.
No editing, no over-thinking, no back tracking... just write.
Exercises like this one provide a chance to practice writing.
If I call myself a writer, surely I am writing on a regular basis.
Are you a writer?
Do you want to be a writer?
Then start writing.
Something.
Comments
Post a Comment