There are days when I write because I want to.
There are days when I don't feel like writing, but I write anyway.
Days when the words flow and when they don't.
Days when I can't think of anything to write.
Days when I think of lots of things I want to write but I can't get the words in order.
Days when the only reason I write is to fill some quota.
Days when I barely squeak out the minimum number of words.
Days when I write extra words so that I can brag about them.
Days when I write something worth sharing with others and days when I don't.
Oh, yes, there are also days when I don't write.
But there are more and more days when I do write at least something.
While this writing year has not been a spectacular one, it has been a good one about which I can be pleased - and yet one which I should be able to surpass in the year ahead.
I am a writer because I continue to write.
There are days when I don't feel like writing, but I write anyway.
Days when the words flow and when they don't.
Days when I can't think of anything to write.
Days when I think of lots of things I want to write but I can't get the words in order.
Days when the only reason I write is to fill some quota.
Days when I barely squeak out the minimum number of words.
Days when I write extra words so that I can brag about them.
Days when I write something worth sharing with others and days when I don't.
Oh, yes, there are also days when I don't write.
But there are more and more days when I do write at least something.
While this writing year has not been a spectacular one, it has been a good one about which I can be pleased - and yet one which I should be able to surpass in the year ahead.
I am a writer because I continue to write.
Comments
Post a Comment