I'm a teeny bit sad.
A little disappointed in myself.
Sure enough, I failed to meet my goal of blogging here at least one a month.
Granted I am a little distracted at the moment. I am dealing with life-changing issues. I am walking a new path I've never walked before. I struggle to focus enough to write anything creative. Some of these changes affect my sense of identity.
They say (whoever "they" are)... They say not to attempt to establish a new habit during a stressful time. So I guess you could say that I have a good excuse. But I don't want to make excuses. I just want to build that blogging habit; at least I think I do.
So if I had been writing, or if I were to get back at it now, what would I be writing about? What in the world was it that I was going to write?
Oh, yes, I had thought I'd write about blogging. I had been doing some research and wanted to do a series that would help someone starting a blog.
Interestingly, even though I haven't found the time or the focus to write any articles to encourage would-be bloggers, I have in real-life helped a fellow blogger set up his page. In fact, he has taken off with it. He built up some content, took some tentative promotional steps and has now begun to round up a following.
So I did what I had hoped to do; I encouraged a fellow blogger to take the plunge, even though it wasn't through my blog. I guess you could call that success.
It's okay to be happy with myself.
A little disappointed in myself.
Sure enough, I failed to meet my goal of blogging here at least one a month.
Granted I am a little distracted at the moment. I am dealing with life-changing issues. I am walking a new path I've never walked before. I struggle to focus enough to write anything creative. Some of these changes affect my sense of identity.
They say (whoever "they" are)... They say not to attempt to establish a new habit during a stressful time. So I guess you could say that I have a good excuse. But I don't want to make excuses. I just want to build that blogging habit; at least I think I do.
So if I had been writing, or if I were to get back at it now, what would I be writing about? What in the world was it that I was going to write?
Oh, yes, I had thought I'd write about blogging. I had been doing some research and wanted to do a series that would help someone starting a blog.
Interestingly, even though I haven't found the time or the focus to write any articles to encourage would-be bloggers, I have in real-life helped a fellow blogger set up his page. In fact, he has taken off with it. He built up some content, took some tentative promotional steps and has now begun to round up a following.
So I did what I had hoped to do; I encouraged a fellow blogger to take the plunge, even though it wasn't through my blog. I guess you could call that success.
It's okay to be happy with myself.
Comments
Post a Comment