Once again I can barely believe that the new year is already upon us - only to discover that the first month is already gone!!! Unbelievable.
I guess it's a good thing that I didn't set grand writing goals for the year yet, because I would now have to report my failure to meet them. On the other hand, if I had posted goals, maybe I would have made myself do something about them.
Just having this blog has once again motivated me to do something - because I like to make sure not to let a month go by without at least one entry. It may not always (or ever!) be good writing, but to have written something could be considered an accomplishment; right?
At the end of the year I said that I hoped to clarify some writing goals - and I still hope to do so. Some thoughts are wandering around in my mind on the topic of goals.
I am also dabbling a bit with some ideas for trying to find work for pay - through free-lance writing and/or proofreading. I am taking some steps toward those options.
So I have not totally given up on writing. I have not forsaken my disciplines. I am writing many mornings and will continue to strengthen that habit.
I am a writer - today. This month.
I guess it's a good thing that I didn't set grand writing goals for the year yet, because I would now have to report my failure to meet them. On the other hand, if I had posted goals, maybe I would have made myself do something about them.
Just having this blog has once again motivated me to do something - because I like to make sure not to let a month go by without at least one entry. It may not always (or ever!) be good writing, but to have written something could be considered an accomplishment; right?
At the end of the year I said that I hoped to clarify some writing goals - and I still hope to do so. Some thoughts are wandering around in my mind on the topic of goals.
I am also dabbling a bit with some ideas for trying to find work for pay - through free-lance writing and/or proofreading. I am taking some steps toward those options.
So I have not totally given up on writing. I have not forsaken my disciplines. I am writing many mornings and will continue to strengthen that habit.
I am a writer - today. This month.
Comments
Post a Comment