Have you ever thought about starting your own blog?
Why would someone want to blog?
Some reasons I've observed for blogging:
1. To establish a regular writing habit, a spot for writing practice
2. To invite critique of your work from others online
3. To process your thoughts or to chronicle a journey
4. To communicate with friends – maybe as a type of newsletter
5. To create a following, to build an audience
6. To promote a cause or a concept
7. To develop a sort of portfolio for future reference
8. To gain exposure, discover opportunities for writing
What am I missing?
What other reasons might tempt you to blog?
Why would someone want to blog?
Some reasons I've observed for blogging:
1. To establish a regular writing habit, a spot for writing practice
2. To invite critique of your work from others online
3. To process your thoughts or to chronicle a journey
4. To communicate with friends – maybe as a type of newsletter
5. To create a following, to build an audience
6. To promote a cause or a concept
7. To develop a sort of portfolio for future reference
8. To gain exposure, discover opportunities for writing
What am I missing?
What other reasons might tempt you to blog?
Comments
Post a Comment