I guess you could say that May was a red letter month for me. My calendar had 27 red X's on it - for the first time ever. I think my previous record was 18 days. So, yah, 'twas a good month for my writing habit - with very few holes in my red X chain.
To be completely forthright, I must again explain that I didn't always write very much. I didn't make it to 1000 words very often, probably not even to 300 most days, but I did write something each of those days. Most often it was in my journal, once in awhile it was a note or letter to a loved one, I blogged a few times, and many times I wrote in one of my writing notebooks about various & sundry topics.
Speaking of various topics, I have recently begun to write about a new subject. Over the past two years, I have walked through a totally unexpected experience that involved grief, loss, and several other intense emotions. For whatever reasons, I had not written much about the experience, but I have now begun the writing process - thanks to the encouragement of a writer friend. I may never share these writings publicly, but capturing them has already helped me to process my thoughts & feelings, and it has to be good practice to try to articulate some of the narrative of this part of my story.
How about you? How is your writing habit coming? Will you go for a certain number of red letter days in June? Will you write about something you've endured, enjoyed, or at least lived to tell about?
To be completely forthright, I must again explain that I didn't always write very much. I didn't make it to 1000 words very often, probably not even to 300 most days, but I did write something each of those days. Most often it was in my journal, once in awhile it was a note or letter to a loved one, I blogged a few times, and many times I wrote in one of my writing notebooks about various & sundry topics.
Speaking of various topics, I have recently begun to write about a new subject. Over the past two years, I have walked through a totally unexpected experience that involved grief, loss, and several other intense emotions. For whatever reasons, I had not written much about the experience, but I have now begun the writing process - thanks to the encouragement of a writer friend. I may never share these writings publicly, but capturing them has already helped me to process my thoughts & feelings, and it has to be good practice to try to articulate some of the narrative of this part of my story.
How about you? How is your writing habit coming? Will you go for a certain number of red letter days in June? Will you write about something you've endured, enjoyed, or at least lived to tell about?
After having a red-letter month in May with lots of red X's, I have very few in June. Shall I be discouraged or upset with myself? Or shall I simply recognize that there are cycles in life, seasons...? Stuff happens - some stuff that motivates me to write & some that hinders me from writing - or at least provides an excuse for not writing.
ReplyDelete