(also by Wendi...)
I also meant to say that Cameron treats the pages as a by-product of cleansing (i.e. waste), but I have found that some good writing can come out of them, as well, even when you're just attempting to clear your head and have no thought of writing anything grand. Sometimes you find the best gems by accident. The similar exercise of stream-of-consciousness writing can be fun in the same way, in that there might be a lot of ridiculousness, but you'll probably feel better afterward, and you may even end up unintentionally writing something really great. If you can eliminate self-consciousness, it can free up a lot of creative urges. Basically, sometimes you can do better if you stop trying so hard. :-)
I also meant to say that Cameron treats the pages as a by-product of cleansing (i.e. waste), but I have found that some good writing can come out of them, as well, even when you're just attempting to clear your head and have no thought of writing anything grand. Sometimes you find the best gems by accident. The similar exercise of stream-of-consciousness writing can be fun in the same way, in that there might be a lot of ridiculousness, but you'll probably feel better afterward, and you may even end up unintentionally writing something really great. If you can eliminate self-consciousness, it can free up a lot of creative urges. Basically, sometimes you can do better if you stop trying so hard. :-)
Comments
Post a Comment