I just did an experiment.
I wanted to write, but didn't know how to say what wanted to be said. I guess I'm used to believing that I have to make sense when I write. Sure; that's a noble goal, but maybe I don't ALWAYS have to.
Part of what was blocking me is that some of what wanted to be said shouldn't be said. It might not be appropriate to be spoken, & certainly wasn't necessary. But I still wanted to express it somehow.
So I tried to just write & not worry about explaining what I was talking about. Maybe you could call it poetry. I dunno'
But it was fun. And liberating. And empowering.
Maybe if I don't have to always explain what I mean, well, then, maybe I would write more often. Like every day? We'll see...
I wanted to write, but didn't know how to say what wanted to be said. I guess I'm used to believing that I have to make sense when I write. Sure; that's a noble goal, but maybe I don't ALWAYS have to.
Part of what was blocking me is that some of what wanted to be said shouldn't be said. It might not be appropriate to be spoken, & certainly wasn't necessary. But I still wanted to express it somehow.
So I tried to just write & not worry about explaining what I was talking about. Maybe you could call it poetry. I dunno'
But it was fun. And liberating. And empowering.
Maybe if I don't have to always explain what I mean, well, then, maybe I would write more often. Like every day? We'll see...
Comments
Post a Comment